Requirements to apply for Green Card (Permanent Resident Visa)
In general, you are eligible to get your Green Card if you are under one of the following categories:
- You have a family member who is a Permanent Resident or U.S. citizen;
- You find a job from an American employer who sponsors you;
- You apply as a refugee or asylee; or
- Foreign investor program (EB-5) by investing 1 million or more in creation or expansion of a U.S. business ($500,000 in economically depressed area); or
- You win Green Card Lottery under Diversity Immigrant Visa Program.
This is a summary — not complete — listing of how you can get a Green Card.
Do you have any specific question on how you can get your Green Card or any experience to share? Let us know so that we start exchanging views on the issue so that you and other can benefit from our discussions!